pages

2.18.2012

... ryans ...

On Friday in the late afternoon, five women in their late 20s / early 30s are seated in a small circle. Two on the couch, three in chairs. One is holding a pink gift bag, and I'm assuming it was her birthday. Each of them are wearing wedding rings, and they are finishing up their drinks. I sit at a table near them to read and rewrite. As they get up to leave, I hear the following:

Woman #1, "Oh, have fun tonight meeting up with Ryan. I haven't seen him in a long time."
Woman #2, "I will."
Woman #1, "Mention my name. I used to sneak into his house. Oh, it wasn't like that. No. I dated his brother in high school, and my friend used to date him." She chuckles to herself.
Woman #2, "Really?"
Woman #1, "We have some stories. Mention my name."
Woman #3, "Well, any Ryan I've ever met is hot. Like so hot."
Woman #1, "Yeah. He's beautiful."

---
Some Ryan performances I'm good with ...

Amy Ryan in The Wire (it's The Wire, so you know, some f-bombs drop)


Amy Ryan in The Office


and here's Ryan Adams on Letterman


and here's a link to one of Meg Ryan's scenes In the Land of Women. I can't embed it, but I think it's some of her stronger work and I know far too many people going through something similar as her character, so I share with a link.

And because today pitchers and catchers report to spring training, here is Mr. Ernie Harwell calling a Nolan Ryan no-hitter in 1973. This was his second no-hitter within a two month span (May 15, 1973 and this game on July 15, 1973). He threw five more in his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment